UTL_FILE.FOPEN and Unix Permissions

From: Christopher Burke <craznar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2001 01:33:06 GMT

I have a directory /var/logs/bob

/var/logs drwxr-x--- bob admin
/var/logs/bob drwxrwx--- bob admin

I have /var/logs/bob in my INIT.ORA file.

I have made oracle a member of the admin group.

I write a log file 'test.log' into /var/logs/bob successfully when I am logged into both Unix AND Oracle as bob.

It creates a file like

/var/logs/bob/test.log -rw-r--r-- oracle oinstall

This means that a process owned by oracle has created the file 'test.log'.

The problem is that I cannot get other users to write to this log file... I don't want to put them all in the admin group - I just want to log their calls to several stored procedures.

Any help appreciated. Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 19:33:06 CST