Newbie: Package in a form Datablock

From: Martin Guenzel <martin.guenzel_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:05:00 +0100

Hallo,

For 8 Weeks I started to program with Oracle...................Oh...
I have a Problem and I'll be sure anybody can help me. (The company is using Developer 2000 on WinNT4.0 an Oracle Database 7.3.4.4) Not the newest one of cource.

I want to program a form with a datablock. This datablock must become his data from a package. The Package has to become a number as a paramenter and is giving back a cursor.
And now the question: How can I tell the Form to send the parameter to the Package to become the answer back to the datablock? I can´t do this with a table or view and then use the where clausel of the datablock.
The select-statement in the package is a statement with a connect by ... start with....
Without the parameter this doesn´t work. With a fix number instead of the paramter the form is already running.

Thanks for your answers...

Cheers Martin Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 18:05:00 CST