Re: sqlplus from Unix prompt

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:59:06 GMT

The LOGIN.SQL file will only get executed from one of two locations. It will get executed from your current directory when you launch SQL*Plus if it exists in that directory. If it does not exist in your current directory, then it searches the directories specified in your SQLPATH environment variable. (Note: this location may actually contain multiple locations). So if you don't want to execute the LOGIN.SQL file, make sure that one is not in your current directory and point your SQLPATH environment variable to someplace else (or better yet, unset your environment variable).

HTH,
Brian

vk02720_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> When using sqlplus from a Unix shell prompt, is there a way to specify
> the path of the login.sql file or any option so that login.sql is not
> used at all ? I am running Oracle 7.3.4 on AIX 4.3.3 .
> TIA
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Brian Peasland