Re: LONG data type

From: Vasily Golikov <vvg_at_baltros.ru>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:16:14 +0300

Jack,
The problem is that I can not get even a part of a LONG value in a select statement. The functions such substr, etc. do not work at all. So, would you be so kind to get an advice how can I select long "into a series of varchar variables".

"> I would bet that you could write a pl/sql procedure that would select that