Re: Oracle 8.1.5 -- set up admin account

From: Zatherus <zatherus_at_theriver.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 06:42:41 GMT

I can tell you are a newbee here. NO don't just go deleting tables. You can really muck things up. Scott has tables for practice that you can do as you please, but the sys and system tables I would leave alone if I were you.

Internal is GOD so to speak. He can start and stop the database as well as a buch of other tasks. You need this we the shit hits the fan.

Sys is just about a powerful as Internal when logged in as DBA.

System is the next step removed, but still important.

You will ALWAYS have INTERNAL, SYS and SYSTEM.

Unless you are do administration to the database, I would create you own account or use Scott to dink around in. You can give a normal user DBA power and privledges.

Create yourself a new user and that user will have no tables in it except the ones you create and a selective few from the list bellow (some are views) that you cannot or should not remove.