Help me install OAS 4.0.8.2

From: Jeremy Russell <jeremy.russell_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 21:21:34 GMT

I'm trying to install OAS 4.0.8.2 as downloaded from Technet, onto a

Win 2000 system.  I have Oracle 8.1.6 DB installed and running
happily, with an ORA_HOME of C:\V8i.  OAS seems to install equally
happily, into an ORA_HOME of C:\OAS.

During the install, I need to respond to HOSTNAME and DOMAIN questions. Since I am installing onto a laptop that is not in a domain, I just responded with my hostname to both questions.

At the end of the install, the messages displayed include the instruction to "use any OAS compatible browser and go to the URL http://host.host:8888".

This URL always gives me a DNS error ie. can't find the page.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or perhaps I can't use OAS without a domain name?

All suggestions will be really appreciated before *all* my hair goes!

Jeremy Russell Received on Mon Jan 08 2001 - 15:21:34 CST