Oracle8i Logon Trigger

From: Ken Brown <Ken.Brown_at_DIALWRAP.COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 17:35:01 -0000

What I want is Logon trigger to identify the correct SID and Serial# from v$session when a user logs on.
I then want to set these variables into a context for the user.

Reasoning
Users are allowed multiple logons
I am logging activity including v$session data and I don't want to have to parse the view to find the correct entry (if I can this way) for the record.
All non data elements to be logged (and are static) should be stored in the contect or processing into the log records.

i.e.
Scott session 1 deletes a record using sqlplus - I have to log as a sqlplus delete
Scott session 2 deletes a record using forms - I have to log as a forms delete

Any ideas? Received on Sat Jan 06 2001 - 11:35:01 CST