Date Operations in Stored Procedure

From: Arun Solleti <asolleti_at_grad.csee.usf.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 14:16:55 -0800

What i have ?

I table which contains reservation schdules for some given set of Items. The Reservation schdules will be in the form of Data range i.e. start date and end date. So i will have 3 field in the database Items, StDate, EndDate. There can be multiple reservations for a single Item.

Problems ?

I am trying to write a stored operations which gets three input parameters Item, D1, D2 for placing reservation on Item from D1 to D2. For this purpose i have to parse through existing reservation scehdules and verify if the i can reserve the Item between D1 and D2 or will it overlap with existing schdules.

Result ?

My stored procedure should return OK if there is no overlap otherwise RESERVED if there is a overlap. Received on Sat Jan 06 2001 - 16:16:55 CST