Re: Oracle 8i vs. SQL Server 2000?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 08:07:22 +0100

In order to prevent new flamewars:
This discussion has raged a few weeks ago, and you should be able to find it very easily in the archives at http://www.deja.com Please try to read it, as repeating the same arguments over and over again is really getting boring. Just as long as Sqlserver doesn't really improve, these arguments will remain the same.

Just a neutral remark: as any Microsoft product Sqlserver runs on Windows O/S only, which will limit the scalability when you decide for SqlServer. Apart from that, as per the previous discussion, it appears Microsoft doesn't use SqlServer internally as database software.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA