Re: insert blob

From: Clive Walden <clivew_at_cts.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:42:10 -0800

Susanne,

I do not believe you can do this from an outside source using simple parameters.

However, for test data, archiving etc. once you have a record with a BLOB field you can replicate it using simple SQL of type

INSERT INTO MYNEWTABLE
SELECT * FROM MYOLDTABLE So if duplicated data is not a problem you can elaborate on this concept. The above is just one example, I "think" you can use simple SQL of many kinds to move BLOB fields within Oracle.

Clive