Re: Procedures - Result Sets

From: Jining Han <hanj_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 18:49:22 GMT

In article <934msp$i96$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Jeff <jeff.cichocki_at_wgrfurniture.com> wrote:
> My apologies to the group for appearing to "Flaming". That is not my
> intent. My problem is that I am not an Oracle developer, I am just
> being put into a position at the moment that requires me to add some
> procedures to an existing project. This is not something I would
> normally be doing. Since I've never done this before, I don't even
> really understand what a package is yet (I will look it up now
 though).

> Again, please excuse my panic and frustration that came out in my
 prior
> post and Thanks for "understanding" a rookies troubles. I will try
 not
> to let it happen again.

Buddy, I wouldn't fret over it. Consider two lessons learned all at once:)

As a Sybase DBA, I went through what you are going through 4 months ago when we converted one project from Sybase to Oracle, and I can't tell you how much I hated the stupid way Oracle separates procedure and packages!

--
Jining Han
Sallie Mae

Sent via Deja.com