Re: Procedures - Result Sets

From: Jeff <jeff.cichocki_at_wgrfurniture.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 14:49:00 GMT

My apologies to the group for appearing to "Flaming". That is not my intent. My problem is that I am not an Oracle developer, I am just being put into a position at the moment that requires me to add some procedures to an existing project. This is not something I would normally be doing. Since I've never done this before, I don't even really understand what a package is yet (I will look it up now though).

Again, please excuse my panic and frustration that came out in my prior post and Thanks for "understanding" a rookies troubles. I will try not to let it happen again.

In article <932t14$8o3bm$3_at_ID-62141.news.dfncis.de>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> Try to *read* and *understand* the pages at the URL Klaus pointed you
 to. We
> are getting frustrated by people asking the same question over and
 over
> again, while the answer has been posted *numerous* time.
> We can't undertake to do your work for you.
> The *only* thing you need to do is to create a package with one type
> definition in it, and use that as a return type to your function.
> If you copy the second code fragment you should be set except for
 replacing
> the example statement with your statement. That is indeed *very* easy!
>
> If you can't copy and paste that for the first few paragraphs of the
 page,
> how will you ever be an Oracle developer?
> Please forgive me this response, but you are just asking for it by
 answering
> in the way you did. We did help you out, and in turn we are being
 flamed.
> This whole discussion could have been prevented many times, if people
 would
> at least *try* to search Deja.cpm.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> "Jeff" <jeff.cichocki_at_wgrfurniture.com> wrote in message
> > I know that you pointed me to that web site two days ago, but my
> > problem isn't on the VB side. It's in the procedure that I'm
 trying to
> > create. I can't seem to get the syntax correct to even get it to
> > compile. If I can get the procedure to work, I'm sure I can make
 the
> > leap in VB to retrieve it.
> >
> > Please excuse my frustrated tone. I'm getting extremely frazzled by
> > this project, and I'm almost out of time. This one procedure is
 start
> > of all others. Without it, the whole project is useless.
> >
> > In article <932lmd$9tp$07$1_at_news.t-online.com>,
> > "Klaus Zeuch" <KZeuch_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > I already answered your question 2 days ago: look at
> > > http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ResultSets/index.html . It should be
 easy to
> > > modify the vb example given there.
> > >
> > > Klaus
> > > "Jeff" <jeff.cichocki_at_wgrfurniture.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
 thing
 work.

 Could
 grasp