Re: NASA switches from Oracle to MySQL

From: Business <ihatespam_at_nomail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:32:13 -0500

The places where data matters at Yahoo use Oracle. I can store several GB of data as ASCII, but just because I can doesn't mean it is a good idea.

MySQL is simple, fast, and a breeze to maintain. However, it is also too immature for intensive commercial use.

Find me a bank that uses MySQL to support volatile financial data such as account balances :)

The MySQL documentation site http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql states in black and white why MySQL is not ready as a industrial grade product, ready to challenge Oracle, Sybase, Informix or MS SQL Server.