Re: Oracle ODBC problems

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 17:30:01 GMT

The question was lost in the posting somehow. The problem simply stated is :
On NT4.0 sp6a workstation we get errors when trying to update numeric data via a cursor to a backend Oracle DBMS. On the same configuration with Win2000 it works. The problem only occurs on numeric (FLOAT,NUMBER) with decimals and the German NLS_LANG where a decimal point is a comma. In some cases the values behind the point are just lost, in some cases (ODBC driver..) the ODBC driver returns a status "Invalid numeric value".

I have tried just about every combination and the only one that works reliably is 8.0.5 Server with 8.0.5 client and MS-ODBC for Oracle driver. I cannot get 8i to work, servers 8.1.5, 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 with clients from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7. Oracle ODBC drivers and MS ODBC drivers all versions.

Ted

On Wed, 03 Jan 2001 21:09:44 GMT, James Alexander Starritt <james_at_jamesstarritt.com> wrote:

>What is the Question ?
>
>In article <3a4e0107.27023487_at_news.online.de>,
> knijff_at_bigfoot.com (Ted Knijff) wrote:
>> Hi,
>> i've posted this question before, but still have not found a solution.
>>
>> Environment - Server NT 4.0 SP6.0a, Oracle - Char.Set WE8ISO8859P1
>>
>> Database
>> Version ODBC Driver Problem
>> ------- ------------ -------
>> 8.0.5 MS-ODBC for Oracle none
>> 8.0.5 Oracle ODBC A)
>> 8.1.6 MS-ODBC for Oracle B)
>> 8.1.6 Oracle ODBC C)
>>
>> A) Numeric fields containg decimal
>>
>> EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com
>>

>--
>
>James Alexander Starritt (james_at_jamesstarritt)
>Your not really reading this post, its an angle
>

>Sent via Deja.com
>http://www.deja.com/

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 11:30:01 CST