Re: Intermedia question

From: Business <ihatespam_at_nomail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:15:50 -0500

Couple of things:

  1. You must be running the context engine as a daemon, otherwise, the indexes are not updated. RTFM :-). You can stagger the rebuilding of your Context indexes if you wish to reduce the impact of the intermedia engine.
  2. You must set the filtering parameter on the Context index itself to read the MS Word file. If you do not filter the file, it will not be searchable, or other data will end up as keywords

CREATE INDEX resume_content ON resume(CV) INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT PARAMETERS('filter ctxsys.inso_filter');

3. You should learn how to set storage preferences for the Intermedia text engine, or the Context indexes ***WILL*** become a bottleneck.

4. You should learn how to set custom lexer preferences so that the keyword indexes will properly index strings such as C++, PL/SQL, J++, etc. Otherwise, these strings are considered identical to C, PL, SQL, J.

Chris Weiss
Chief Scientist for Database Engineering PureCarbon, Inc.