Re: Procedures - Result Sets

From: Klaus Zeuch <KZeuch_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 23:13:02 +0100

where's your problem?

SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE package reftest as

  2      type t_Cur is ref cursor;
  3      Procedure ups_empl(home_store in varchar2, storeCursor in out
t_Cur);
  4 END;
  5 /

Package created.

SQL> create table emp(emp_cd varchar2(5), hphone varchar2(5), country varchar2(5),
  2 home_store_cd varchar2(5), termdate date);

Table created.

SQL> create table emp_slsp (emp_cd varchar2(5));

Table created.

SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE package body reftest as

  2     Procedure ups_empl(home_store in varchar2, storeCursor in out t_Cur)
  3     is
  4     begin
  5     open storeCursor for
  6  SELECT EMP_CD, HPHONE EXT, COUNTRY STATUS
  7           FROM   EMP
  8          WHERE  HOME_STORE_CD = HOME_STORE
  9           AND  TERMDATE IS NULL
 10           AND  EMP_CD IN (SELECT EMP_CD
 11                           FROM EMP_SLSP)
 12 ORDER BY EMP_CD;
 13 end;
 14 end;
 15 /

Package body created.

Klaus

"Jeff" <jeff.cichocki_at_wgrfurniture.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:932og0$vsi$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> I know that you pointed me to that web site two days ago, but my
> problem isn't on the VB side. It's in the procedure that I'm trying to
> create. I can't seem to get the syntax correct to even get it to
> compile. If I can get the procedure to work, I'm sure I can make the
> leap in VB to retrieve it.
>
> Please excuse my frustrated tone. I'm getting extremely frazzled by
> this project, and I'm almost out of time. This one procedure is start
> of all others. Without it, the whole project is useless.
>
> In article <932lmd$9tp$07$1_at_news.t-online.com>,
> "Klaus Zeuch" <KZeuch_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I already answered your question 2 days ago: look at
> > http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ResultSets/index.html . It should be
 easy to
> > modify the vb example given there.
> >
> > Klaus
> > "Jeff" <jeff.cichocki_at_wgrfurniture.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > I had posted a message before regarding this topic, but I'm just not
> > > seeing the answer and I 'm running out of time to make this thing
 work.

> > > I have all of my procedures working (in VB) except one. This is the
> > > only one that returns a result set. I can not get it to work.
 Could