Re: connect as sysdba

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 06:41:20 +0100

If he is on the O/S side in the dba group (Unix default) or ora_dba group (NT) he has sysdba by design!
You could also verify the init.ora parameter remote_login_password_file. If I understand you correctly chances are this has been set to exclusive, and you want it to be shared (sys and internal have sysdba) or even none (only internal has sysdba). If this doesn't apply you need to make sure the user logs in on the O/S side as a non dba user.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Hth