Net8 Client Service Fails

From: <daryl_at_McGregor.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 01:08:29 GMT

Hello,

I am attempting to install Oracle 8i products on a Dell Workstation with Windows 2000 Professional.

I am using the Oracle Internet Developer Suite Quick Suite Install Disk Version 1,

I have selected the following products:
Forms Developper 6i, Reports Developer 6i, Discoverer 3i User Ed and Oracle 8i Personal Edition.

After Discoverer is installed, the installer asks for me to insert the Forms and Reports 6i Disk. This runs for a bit and then crashes with the following error: "Installer failed to create service for Net8 Client".

I have also tried to install these products individually using the installer on each product CD. Developer is successful, Forms goes in ok, and then the installer craps out with the same error when trying to install Reports Developer.

Any ideas?

Daryl

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 19:08:29 CST