Re: Oracle: how many instances?

From: EM <whoever_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 19:20:54 GMT

You can tell by the responses that there's another path you might consider. Generally multiple instances are not needed, especially in such small data volumes as you've quoted. The number of users suggests a relatively significant commitment by the company.

You might post the situation you're trying to address. Lots of good advice on the group. Maybe you're asking the wrong question.

EM

bsidba_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Why yes, it is a serious question. What is wrong with connecting 200
> to 500 users to a Linux box? I am relatively new to Linux but I
> figured that I could get better performance and stability from Linux
> than NT. Your input is appreciated. Thank you
>
> In article <93061t$8ajtf$5_at_ID-62141.news.dfncis.de>,
> "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> > 10 to 20 users would mean between 200 and 500 users connecting to a
 Linux
> > box.
> > Is this supposed to be a serious question?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

 $1bn$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...