Any luck installing Personal Oracle 8.1.6 for Win98 on WinME?

From: GWaddell <grwaddell_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 03:19:32 -0600

I downloaded Personal Oracle 8i (8.1.6) for Win98 from the OTN website. I am trying to install it on a Sony VAIO that is running Windows ME. There is plenty of hard disk space and it is loaded with RAM.

When I start installer and specify the Source and Destination locations it well begin to load the list from the JAR file. The message I then receive is:

"There was a problem in accessing the staging area. Please make sure the specified value for 'Source' and 'Destination' are valid."

By the way this same laptop did have Personal Oracle 8.0.4 installed on it. That worked mostly alright except I was never able to get the ODBC to work right.

Any suggestions or help?

Thanks,
George Received on Wed Jan 03 2001 - 03:19:32 CST