Oracle: how many instances?

From: <bsidba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:05:29 GMT

How many Oracle instances can I run on one server and still have good performance and reliability? Each instance will only have about 200MB to 300MB of data and about 10 to 20 users. The server will be a dual 933MHz Pentium III Zeon with 2GB of memory running Oracle 8.1.7 SE on Red Hat Linux 6.2. I was hoping I could run 20 to 25 instances. Is this out of the question? I have looked through the forums and have been unable to find a similar question and I was hoping that someone had experience with this many instances on one server. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 03 2001 - 08:05:29 CST