ODBC: Cannot create DSN

From: mrkoffee <brian_socal_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 02:37:01 GMT

I'm in the ODBC administrator (ODBC ver. 3.0, I think), and trying to create a system DSN using the Oracle ODBC driver (Oracle ver. 8.0.5).

I click "Add", select the driver, and click "Finish". Nothing happens--I just go back to the administrator window. (Nothing freezes up, no error messages, etc.) I would expect the configuration box would pop up so that I can enter the server info, username, etc. No problems on the PCs of those around me (we're running Win95) and I'm able to create connections with my other drivers (SQL Server, Access, Remedy, etc.)

I've tried deinstalling/reinstalling Oracle, even going through the
"clean machine" steps to completely deinstall Oracle before
reinstalling.

The only other posting I've seen with this exact problem outlined a missing PATH statement in autoexec.bat, but that's not the problem here.

Any thoughts???

Thanks...

--
Brian