Re: Becoming an Oracle DBA?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:02:33 -0000

I can't answer for the US but I would have thought that you would have little or no trouble finding an entry level job with the certifications you are planning on doing and with the attitude you are showing. Over here (in the UK) I and I'm sure others would definitely shortlist someone showing that sort of attitude.

It is undoubtedly true that certifications on their own do not count anywhere nearly as highly as experience. They do in my opinion though show that you know your stuff and should get you those interviews.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
"Karen A McGaskey" <KANDREAM_at_prodigy.net> wrote in message

> I am thinking about becoming an Oracle DBA. I don't have a job or any
> experience in the IT field. I am currently taking Access courses, then I
> will take SQL courses, after that I plan to take the Oracle 8i training
> offered by DB Domain (which offers hands-on exercises practice w/ the
Oracle