Re: Oracle Personal 8i on Win 98

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 16:59:12 GMT

Tried this myself. Installed Personal Oracle8i 8.1.7 - SID=ORCL. Installed NET8-Service for Bequeth protocol name LOCBEQ. Also installed NET8-TCP/IP 127.0.0.1 name LOCTCP Installed ODBC.
Connected with both LOCBEQ and LOCTCP - no problems. Installed NET8 Client from 8.0.5 (different ORACLE_HOME). Created new NET8 entries with Net8 Easy Config from 8.0.5. Connected - no problems.

So it seems, Oracle PE comes with a preconfigured Listener. You just need to install a client acces and it goes.

Ted

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 20:22:22 -0000, "Gary" <garygfx_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>You could be totally right, Greg. I just wish Oracle clearly stated this if
>it was true. Nothing I have done has got a listener working and I think I've
>tried almost every possible combination of things.
>
>Gary.
>

>"Greg Kainz" <gregkainz_at_home.com> wrote in message
>> I haven't used Personal Oracle in a long time, but IIRC, it
>> was a single user system and intentionally had no sql*net
>> listener. You connected with two-task using a 2: or local
>> or something similar...of course I could be totally off base
>> since it's late and I'm tired....
>> "Gary" <garygfx_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
 Oracle
 Can
 would

>> > I have the same problem - I don't think Oracle Corp completed the setup
 for
>> > Win98 users. Here's a message written a little earlier in this
 newsgroup.
>> > I'm sure the author won't mind me copying it in below. It looks helpful
 but
>> > I haven't tried it myself yet.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Gary.
>> >

>> > "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message

 Oracle
 Also
 or
 have

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Wed Jan 03 2001 - 10:59:12 CST