Re: Multiple Client Installations

From: Neil Jellis <neil.jellis_at_synapse-partnership.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:27:08 -0000

<sybrandb_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:92sou3$tkh$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Multiple clients shouldn't be a problem as long as you install them in a
> different Oracle_home. You'll probably want to maintain one tnsnames.ora
> and set the TNS_ADMIN variable in hklm\software\oracle accordignly.
> Without any doubt the 8.1.6 ODBC driver is going to have a different
> version number, so no problems there either.
>
> Hth
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> All standard disclaimers apply

It appears that you can't use the installer to put different ODBC Drivers onto the machine as the ODBC Administrator now reports the new 8.1.6 driver and has no reference to the old 8.0.5 driver.

Is it not possible to have different ODBC Drivers on the machine even when they are in different Oracle homes as mine are? Received on Tue Jan 02 2001 - 11:27:08 CST