Re: Stored Procedures

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 22:19:45 +0100

Cursor in Oracle equals recordset in VB/sqlserver. If you are using VB, you should use Oracle Objects for Ole which is a DAO-like Oracle interface.

Also, you should definitely NOT assume stored procedures in Oracle are equivalent to stored procedures in Sqlserver. They are not. To return record/resultsets
refer to http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte topic resultsets.

Reading the PL/SQL manual is *warmly* recommended, and/or the books on PL/SQL by Steven Feuerstein, published by O'Reilly.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA