pls help me w/backup data, thanks

From: rmartes <rmartes_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 05:10:07 GMT

I am currently taking courses to obtain my developer certification and my boss gave me a backup production data in dds-3 format to practice with. The company's backup method is the following:

Hardware:
Sun Ultra Enterprise 450 Box
Sun 12-24GB 4mm internal tape drive
Digital Data Storage Format Cartridge (3)

Backup Software:
Solstice backup 5.1 server edition for Solaris - media, docs, RTU Solstice dbase module for Oracle 2.1 for Solaris - media, docs, RTU

I will like to extract data into my Windows 2000 Professional box at home. I am currently running the Oracle 8.16 enterprise edition and Oracle reports and forms release 6. In short, is it possible to duplicate production data into my box at home. If so, please give me instructions and steps required to get this going.

I will be purchasing an external tape drive for the dds-3 format to extract data.

Thanks so much. Received on Tue Jan 02 2001 - 23:10:07 CST