SQL Embedded in XML (XML/Java/Oracle integration)

From: Kevin B <kbass1_at_nc-rr.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 23:23:08 GMT

I am attempting to integrate XML and Java but have encountered connection problems. I am receiving an error message of:

 java.sql.SQLException: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection.

I can connect to the database using SQL*PLUS but cannot connect through XML. I am using Personal Oracle 8i on Windows 98 and the database is up and running. What am I doing wrong??

My XML code is as follows:

 <?xml version="1.0"?>
 <sqlx>
<inputSpec>

     <param name=":salary" default="40000"/>
</inputSpec>
<execute url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ORCL"

            driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
            user="scott"
            password="tiger"
            sql="select lastname,salary from employee where salary >=
:salary
 order by salary"/>
</sqlx>

Thanks, Kevin Received on Mon Jan 01 2001 - 17:23:08 CST