AS400 and SQL Net

From: Chris Kasten <kasten_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:00:02 GMT

Have a project based on an Oracle database (8.1.6). Have a bunch of java programs that are currently running with Oracle JDBC/SQL Net on NT, would like to move some of them to an underutilized AS400 for a variety of reasons. BUT - I've not a clue if there is a simply AS400 client that I can download and install. Looking around on Oracle Technology Network all I find is the DB2 400 gateway which is way overkill for what I want. Granted, it appears to come with the SQL*Net client, but still... that's a lot of bucks.

Does anyone know if somewhere on the oracle/OTN web site os400 SQL*Net exists? I've found the pure java JDBC drivers so I'm sure I can make that part work once I find the SQL*Net that they rely on.

Or is there a better way to have java apps on AS400 talk to Oracle?

Thanks for any help.

--
Chris Kasten
icq# 7603936