Re: Crystal reports on Oracle 8 personal edition

From: <murraycross_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 23:32:53 GMT

In article <20001210132831.08732.00004397_at_ngfz 1.aol.com>,
  connorsjohnny_at_aol.com (ConnorsJohnny) wrote:
> I am trying to build upon my basic sql skills
 and learn more about databases
> and
> oracle in particular.
> I recently down-loaded Oracle 8 Personal
 Edition and am playing wiyh this, I
> have with a book a CD-ROM containing Crystal
 Reports version 5, are these two
> products compatible.
>
> Sre there any particularly good learning
 materials (books/CD's etc) to assist
> in learning about Oracle in a cohesive fashion,
 esp. PL/SQL and Crystal
> Reports.
>
> Thanks in advance.

This may or may not help.

I am studying for brainbench's free test on PL/SQL using oracle's online PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference.

If you are doing the same, I can email you a rough cut-and-paste Word 97 document that groups some of the material from oracle's guide approximately in the order of the topics on brainbench's test outline.

Or, in case you haven't already found it, oracle's guide can be reached with these steps:

(If anyone knows a more direct path, please let me know.)

  1. Go to http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_i ndex.htm
  2. Click HTML near the top under General Documentation, Release 3 (8.1.7).
  3. Click HTML in the middle under Oracle 8i Servver and SQL*Plus.
  4. Click HTML in the middle under SQL*PLUS USER Guide and Reference under SQL*Plus
  5. Click Getting Help near the bottom under 2 Learning SQL*PLUS BASIC.
  6. Scroll to the bottom of that page's text and click PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference.

Murray Cross
MurrayCross_at_ureach.com

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Dec 29 2000 - 17:32:53 CST