Help with multiple instances in 8i (8.1.5)

From: Kevin Daniel <kdaniel_at_kdaniel.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 15:01:15 -0500

Hi-

I'm trying to figure out how to create an additional instance of 8i. I'm currently running 2 instances under Solaris (Sparc) and need to add a third on the same box. The instances each refer to a different database, this is not a parallel setup.

Is there an easier way to do this than using create controlfile, create database, building a new init file, etc?

Thanks,

K- Received on Fri Dec 29 2000 - 14:01:15 CST