converting LONG RAW to BLOB

From: Vanessa <vanessa_ide_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:52:44 GMT

Help - we want to migrate our data from tables with columns defined as LONG RAW to tables with columns defined as BLOB. I have tried the dbms_sql utility and export/import utility and while functionally these scripts work fine - I always run into some sort of error about improper use of LONG, or cannot bind LONG data to a column that is not. I have also tried to use the RAWTOHEX function but it is as though that function is not at all recognized!

I am using Oracle 8. Any suggestions are welcome. TIA

-Vanessa

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Dec 28 2000 - 12:52:44 CST