Trapping Exception Messages within a PL/SQL program

From: Frederick C. Lee <fclee_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 04:39:23 GMT

Greetings:

   I've trapped many exceptions, but rarely understand them. Passing the exception to the parent procedure would allow me to see some ambiguous ORA-number.

    I would like to trap or decipher the code & message of such exceptions and be able to either present the trapped message to the user such as via an alert, or from within a stored procedure written to an *.err file for later review {such as from a batch process}.

   Also, if anyone can suggest a handbook of <all> error/exception codes and their meanings...that would be great!

Thanks.

Ric. Received on Thu Dec 28 2000 - 22:39:23 CST