Re: Cold BackUp on NT

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:00:57 -0000

They won't get created if your db is created manually. for 8i the content though is merely

net stop oracleservice<sid>

it might be an idea to include net stop <listener NT service name>

this script could take a while since it performs a shutdown immediate in the background.

the corresponding startup script reads

net start oracleservice<sid>

but you may find you have to issue a connect internal followed by startup using sqlplus if the instance is set to manual start.

regards

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA