Re: How to shows Chinese?

From: Diviner <diviner_at_hknet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:44:41 +0800

Yes. You bet is bingo. I remember that I selected ZHT16BIG5 which is a Chinese character set just only on National Language option while database was building and its main language was remain US7ASCII. So I can see ZHT16BIG5 from NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET parameter in nls_database_parameters. And of cause, the NLS_TERRITORY and NLS_LANGUAGE are both in america setting.

Would you simply to discribe what are the difference between two language setting and, how to use NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET if I can so that avoid the database altering.

--
Best regards,
Diviner.