Oracle Personal 8i on Win 98

From: Reiling Lee <reiling.lee_at_dwp.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 09:53:02 -0800

Hi,

I am new here and trying to learn Oracle. I downloaed a copy of Oracle Personal 8i Edition for Win 98. I had no problem to install it for the default settings. However, when I tried to run sqlplus, I got the error message for "no listener". What do I need to do to start the listener? Can I install more than one copy of Oracle on the same machine? If so, why would I do it and what would be the pros and cons?

Thanks, Received on Thu Dec 28 2000 - 11:53:02 CST