Re: Re: Executing external programs from a database procedure.

From: Jorgen Skogstad - Sun Norway - System Support Engineer <jorgen.skogstad_at_norway.sun.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2000 15:32:52 +0100

>In Oracle 8.1 you can use Java in the database and do it (thus works on any
>platform).. On Metallink they have a document on this with code and
>everything. As other people point out you can use a pipe and write a
>program in C also.
>Jim

Do you have an url for this code and such? I would love to see how that java "version" works. I've mostly used the "pipe" stuff.. but if most of this can be done with java internally in the database that sounds like a better solution.

Thanks in advance.

Med vennlig hilsen,
Jørgen Skogstad

Sun Microsystems AS
Tlf: 22023900 - Mob: 92413023 - Email; jorgen.skogstad_at_norway.sun.com Url; http://www.sun.no/ & http://www.sun.com/

--
Posted from patan.Sun.COM [192.18.98.43]