Re: Oracle Versions

From: <steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:51:52 GMT

Hi,

The other posters have provided information on the latest version. I'm just commenting on the second part of your question. Access 2 was the first database product I learned and, like you, found it helped tremendously in learning later Access versions..it also helped me understand the generic principles of relational databases which was very helpful in dealing with Oracle 7 (the first version I encountered). Earlier versions of Oracle are a great benefit in learning later ones, if that's what you were asking.

Good luck on your interview,

Steve

In article <92d4vg$f41$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   rick4096_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going for a job interview soon, I'm not expected to know anything
> about Oracle, However, could someone answer me this:
>
> What is the latest version of Oracle, and what versions are worth
> learning? I do not want to take the job if the company uses a very old
> version.
>
> I am a MS Access developer and have found that knowledge of Access 2
> provided an excellent basis for learning Access 97 & Visual Basic. Is
> it like this with different Oracle version?
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com