Question about query with SUM

From: Rolf Kamp <rfk_at_exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:24:33 -0500

Hi:

    I have a table with 2 rows:

    Presently, I have a query that returns the distinct IDs in the table, then I query the table and SUM(usage) for each unique ID. I would like to have oracle do both steps for me in 1 query. So far I have this:

    select distinct ID, SUM(USAGE)
    from USAGE;

    But I get an error stating "Not a single group function".

    Any help is greatly appreciated.
- rfk Received on Tue Dec 26 2000 - 18:24:33 CST