Re: Driver name was Re: How make a function in vb

From: Kenneth C Stahl <kcstahl_at_atl.mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 17:11:49 GMT

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> Walter
>
> Just out of interest you refer to MSDAORA.2, I have always used MSDAORA.1
> does the number refer to a version of the driver or particular
> functionality?
>
> I agree with the book recommendation, another excellent wrox book.

Actually, I dug into that a bit. I don't remember exactly where I found it, but apparently it really doesn't make any difference whether you use MSDAORA, MSDAORA.1 or MSDAORA.2. Apparently they all point to the same thing and may represent syntax that Microsoft had intended to use at one point but which they never actually implemented to allow backwards compatibility with previous MDAC's. However, as it turns out the way the MDAC is written you get the same results no matter which of the three you actually use. Received on Mon Dec 25 2000 - 11:11:49 CST