Re: Using Replication...?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 14:02:06 +0100

This can be resolved in either of two ways 1 in any edition of Oracle 8i:
create database links from the master database to all individual local databases. Then write pl/sql procedures taking care of the synchronization and run them as pl/sql batch jobs. Refer to the documentation on dbms_job for submitting jobs and the sql reference manual (all manuals are online at http://technet.oracle.com)
2 in the Enterprise Edition only:
setup advanced replication (this is a separate option which is not available in Oracle standard edition). Typically this would involve setting up so-called snapshots.
The documentation kit has 2 seperate manuals on distributed databases. As your question is a rather broad one, and you didn't provide too much detail, I think I should leave it at this.

I assume handling this through Access must have been a continuous nightmare.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA