Single Auote problem

From: <faheemrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 19:17:11 GMT

My application In C++ imports the Date from Different Venders, and insert taht Data into Oracle.
Now Problem is that Some times in String there is a Single qoute like this

'This is a 'String'

I know that if we put a single quote before in between single quote Oracle skips that single quote.

So for this I have to parse all the string before inserting into Oracle.Because data is dynamucly read from file and is inserted into Oracle.

Someone knows a built in function in oracle which I can use in the insert query like this.

insert into table_name values('Quote_Skip_function('string'));

  thanks

Faheem Rao

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sun Dec 24 2000 - 13:17:11 CST