Re: Help, Newie!

From: <steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 12:04:04 GMT

Hi,

Oracle provides a few standard users ...

Username: SYSTEM
Password: MANAGER

Username: SCOTT
Password: TIGER

Username: SYS
Password: CHANGE_ON_INSTALL

As for the host entry, that's usually set up as a word that people will remember that acts as an alias for a numeric connect descriptor. That way, people don't have to remember a abstract set of numbers to connect to a database..it would normally be specific to an environment you're in.

However, if you're using Personal Oracle you can probably just leave it empty. Try connecting as SYSTEM or as SCOTT to get you going.

Regards,

Steve

In article <ap294t0rk872nv5b0lgkuiv4nqcipbj68t_at_4ax.com>,   Serial # 19781010 <limkb1_at_mbox3.singnet.com.sg> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to oracle. Everytime I exe SQl Plus, I am prompt
>
> for a username, password and host. What user, password and host to use
>
> on a PC/Or where can I find it(manual/Reg Key)??
>
> Thanks.
>
> regards,
> KB Lim

Sent via Deja.com