Re: GRANT <priv.> ON <tabName> *<WHERE-clause>* TO <username>...

From: <monsri_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:22:30 GMT

In article <91sq07$58jbb$5_at_ID-62141.news.dfncis.de>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> The proper way of course to address this complaint is submit an
> enhancement request to the Redwood Shores support site.
> In that case it will be probably implemented in Oracle 10i, which
> will appear next year, lol.
>
> Question: it looks like your 'request' is very similar to what
> you already have in dbms_rls. Why do you think
> it is 'much insufficient'

Aah !, you remember me ? If you saw the requirements I was given, you would understand... And don't forget the DBMS_SESSION.SET_CONTEXT procedure doesn't work (check the doc. ID 100130.1 on Metalink: the would-be workaround they give -embed the SET_CONTEXT command line inside a user-defined procedure- doesn't work neither).

> Otoh, probably Microsux will not implement similar features
> in another 10
> years, so the only route looks like try to live with it.
"10 years" ? Pretty optimistic !

> > It would be PRODIGIOUS if they thought, at Redwood Shores, of
> > implementing the following feature:
> > > GRANT <privilege> ON <tab_name>
> > > WHERE <clause>
> > > TO <role/username>...
> >
> > Wouldn't it ?
> >
> > Because the DBMS_RLS package is much insufficient to allow me
> > to do everything I need...
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Seb
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com