EXPORT IMPORT SIMPLE QUESTION

From: kush <kdhakal_at_eline.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:13:35 GMT

hello! please bear with me, this might be simple question. I am trying to do export in user mode and import from the file only specific tables(by table mode). For that I did following exp x/y file=expdat1.dmp (of course x and y has meaning) export ran successfully without any warning. And I can see the table(employee) exported which I want to import later on. Now, I drop the table(employee) which I want to import from this export file and try to do import in table mode by
imp x/y file= expdat1.dmp tables= employee it gives me following error
Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.05 via conventional path import done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set . importing SA's objects into SA
IMP-00033: Warning: Table "EMPLOYEE" not found in export file Import terminated successfully with warnings.

Any ideas? My question is can we import in table mode from the exported file which was created in user mode export? if the answer is Yes, why I am getting this error.
thanks in advance.

kush Received on Fri Dec 22 2000 - 13:13:35 CST