Character Set Confusion

From: Feldman Roger <qrarofe_at_era.ericsson.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:36:11 +0100

Oracle People:

I'm writing from Sweden where we have to think about character sets often. I'm using a product(RATIONAL) that recommends:

WE8ISO8859P1 When I query the server as to it's Character Set:

SQL> SELECT Name,Value$ FROM sys.props$ WHERE Name='NLS_CHARACTERSET';

NLS_CHARACTERSET
WE8ISO8859P1 I recieve confirmation that the database is indeed WE8ISO8859P1.

 Why then does export, export in USA7ASCII : log:
 PL/SQL Release 2.3.4.0.0 - Production
Export done in US7ASCII character set

The export documention promises that export exports in the character set of the export database.

THANX,
roger_feldman_at_hotmail.com Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 07:36:11 CST