Re: ok this is embarrassing

From: Jason Hiller <jason.hiller_at_osage.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:10:45 -0700

Try the default passwords for Oracle:

User: SYSTEM
Password: manager

User: SYS
Password: change_on_install

I find that 50% - 60% of shops still have one of these users set to the default. If that doesn't work, you can try logging locally to the server that houses the Oracle Database and connecting to Oracle in this fashion:

For 8i:

sqlplus /nolog
connect internal

For 8 and below:

Unix:
svrmgrl
connect internal

Windows:
svrmgr30
connect internal

After you get in, you can create a user with the proper access.