Challenge for experts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: <faheemrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:15:59 GMT

I have put this question on deja soo many times but, no one is there to get a solution for me.

I want to know that what is the host name an oracle ODBC data source (using Oracle ODBC driver) through registry. But Oracle ODBC data source does not provide such information in the registry. I know that its information is stored in the tnsnames file.Only the service is stroed in the registry.

But actual problem is that I want to get the host IP adress form the C++ application.
Any body tell me that from where I can get that Ip address of the ODBC data Source.
I know that I can get this Information through a C++ module that read the whole tnsnames text file.

Is there any other easy solution.??

thanks in advance

Faheem Rao

Sent via Deja.com