Re: Does Microsoft Transaction Server work fine with Oralce 8i ???????????

From: Michael D. Long <michael_d_long_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:49:30 -0500

When working with Oracle Server, MTS offers the best behavior when running against 8i.

The catastrophic failure message may simply be related to connection timeouts, or timeouts of the distributed transactions. There are a number of problems that can produce this error. You can almost always determine the underlying issue by examining the ADO errors collection or via the Oracle trace files.

I would strongly recommend that you upgrade MDAC to 2.5 SP1 or 2.6 to improve stability.

--
Michael D. Long
http://extremedna.homestead.com

"Gaby" <jgd_at_noos.fr> wrote in message news:91r40m$2k7b$1_at_news5.isdnet.net...

> Would anyone know if Oracle 8i (8.1.6 on HPUX 11.B) work fine with
Microsoft