Re: Oracle8&Redhat6 Install

From: n.powell2 <n.powell2_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:49:28 -0000

"Steve Blomeley" <steveblomeleyATyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:t3vr5vf6v99l91_at_corp.supernews.co.uk...

> You may want to check out "jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/rh61-815" (if you
> haven't already). It's a pretty thorough description of the 8i
 installation
> process for red hat 6.1

Thanks I had already taken a look at it before posting. 8.1.5 appears to be the version to avoid.

 However after re-reading it I noticed that the jre should be the glibc and not libc version that I was using. Hopefully this may have been the cause of the problem. Once I have rebuilt my linux system I can test this out. Second problem though is that the patch, linux_815patches.tgz , appears to be no longer available. Thanks for the response. Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 10:49:28 CST